BUT of course I have forgotten to bring my butter to room temperature! WAIT? NO!!! I WANT THE COOKIES NOW. Don't you hate it when this happens?
|Cold butter.... what to do??|
|Love my new rolling pin!|
|Room temperature butter in a minute!|
|Chipotle Cinnamon Sugar -- Spicy Savory Sweet|
|I eat them straight out of the oven!!|
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Slightly adapted from Martha Stewart/Everyday Food
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (or regular chili powder if you want it less spicy)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whip together butter and 1 1/2 cup sugar until creamy with an electric mixer. Scrape down sides of the bowl and then beat in eggs. Once combined slowly beat in flour mixture. When dough is completely incorporated add in chocolate morsels and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon and chili powder. Using a tablespoon, form 1 inch balls of dough. Roll dough balls in sugar mixture. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets about 3 inches apart. Bake cookies in batches for about 10 minutes, until cookies puff up and begin to crack. Let cookies cool on wire racks. Serve warm or completely cooled. Enjoy!