My cousin Kyle, who has never been to Chicago, is visiting from Dallas. Even though it's a nice, cool 30 degrees outside I have been dragging him all over town to see the sights. I LOVE it when people come to visit! Firstly, because I love to see my friends and family! Secondly, because I love my new home! Chicago is such a beautiful city you can't help but show it off.
|Millenium Park & the "Bean"|
|Drinks on the 96th Floor Signature Lounge of the Hancock Building|
|Wine glasses makes the best kitchen tools!|
|Eggs whipped together with veggies|
SCRAMBLED EGG, BACON, & TOAST CUPS
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Makes 6 egg cups
- 6 large eggs
- 6 slices of whole wheat bread (I used light bread)
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- a few tablespoons of you favorite veggies, finely diced
- grated low-fat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon over medium heat until partially cooked, about four minutes, flipping once. Set aside to cool.
- Spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Using a cookie cutter (or a wine glass, like me) cut out bread circles and place at the bottom of each muffin cup. Take cooled bacon and wrap around the muffin cup, tucking into the bread circle. Bake for 5 minutes to crisp.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs, milk, diced veggies, salt & pepper. Pour egg mixture into muffin cups, filling almost to the top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until centers are completely set. Top egg cups with shredded cheese and bake for an additional 30 seconds to allow cheese to melt.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Run a knife around the edges to loosen cups. Enjoy!