|Spicy Chicken Giardiniera|
|Me and Cindy (Courtesy: Cindy Cieluch)|
|Yum.... spicy giardiniera!!|
|Peppers, carrots, celery... oh my!|
|Look at those hot peppers!|
So here goes:
SPICY CHICKEN GIARDINIERA
Adapted from La Scarola's "Pollo alla Pasquinelli"
|Hot! Hot! Hot!|
- 1 pound of bone-in, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounce can of quartered artichokes, drained
- 1 cup hot giardiniera in oil, drained
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in the wine and scrape up any brown bits. Add tomatoes with juice, artichokes, drained giardiniera, chicken and chicken stock. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer. Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve alone or over pasta.
Note: BE WARNED - THIS IS A PRETTY SPICY RECIPE. If you want to tone down the spiciness you can use medium or mild giardiniera. You will still get the tangy bite from the veggies without the heat. I also omitted the gorgonzola and prosciutto from the original recipe because we didn't have it. Enjoy!